My Little Game Dev

Full Version: How to RE install a game on Steam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've never been fond of Steam. But today I can't deal with it at all.

I bought Star Forge today. Downloaded it. Ran it. It wouldn't respond. Tried again, same result. Tried with lower screen res, same result. I noticed that the download content was 400mb smaller than what was promised. So I tried deleting it in hopes Steam would try re downloading it for me. Instead it gives me an error and sends me to a troubleshoot site. I followed the instructions. And instead of fixing the problem, it made Steam unable to go online, which was fixed by a computer restart.

In short, I am trying very hard not to maul my computer right now or crack my skull hitting it against my desk. Please respond ASAP.
sounds like you downloaded the game but didn't install it.
One tear inducing night later, and everything is solved. Apparently you have to delete the local files of the game using Steam, otherwise Steam for some reason will still think the game is installed and will try playing it even if NOTHING exists. Said game just doesn't work for my specific OS in it's current state.
(04-21-2013, 02:54 AM)Dark_X Wrote: [ -> ]One tear inducing night later, and everything is solved. Apparently you have to delete the local files of the game using Steam, otherwise Steam for some reason will still think the game is installed and will try playing it even if NOTHING exists. Said game just doesn't work for my specific OS in it's current state.

There may be some files left after a manual delete. It is always a good idea to uninstall a game using Steam.
If you have problems with downloading or something, just check the cache. It is in the game parameters, under the "Local Files" tab. It will check if everything is fine and then just downloads files you need to fix.
WHO GIVES A CRAP! I BEEN ASLEEP ALL DAY AND STEAM INFORMED ME OF THE STUPID MLGD MARATHON RIGHT NOW! AND I DON'T SEE THE FUCKING THREAD ABOUT IT! WHAT THE FUCK! SCREW STEAM AND ALL THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO MADE IT!
NOW LEAVE EVERYPONY THE BUCK ALONG!
(04-21-2013, 09:33 AM)TeddieEevee Wrote: [ -> ]I BEEN ASLEEP ALL DAY AND STEAM INFORMED ME OF THE STUPID MLGD MARATHON RIGHT NOW!

That was the default time I had set for the Steam Group for the marathon, as it was supposed to start on the 20th along with Wishdream bringing in a wave of information. Until told otherwise we shall work with what knowledge we have and go under the assumption nothing has changed.

If there's no thread for the marathon submissions then you should put something like '[Marathon]' in the title after or before the actual name.
(04-21-2013, 09:33 AM)TeddieEevee Wrote: [ -> ]WHO GIVES A CRAP! I BEEN ASLEEP ALL DAY AND STEAM INFORMED ME OF THE STUPID MLGD MARATHON RIGHT NOW! AND I DON'T SEE THE FUCKING THREAD ABOUT IT! WHAT THE FUCK! SCREW STEAM AND ALL THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO MADE IT!
[Image: j3eB0FI.gif]

holy hell calm down.
anyway im sure we should just wait for wishdream to show up and make an official thread for it, as per usual with comps and events
(04-21-2013, 03:24 PM)Octavia Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2013, 09:33 AM)TeddieEevee Wrote: [ -> ]WHO GIVES A CRAP! I BEEN ASLEEP ALL DAY AND STEAM INFORMED ME OF THE STUPID MLGD MARATHON RIGHT NOW! AND I DON'T SEE THE FUCKING THREAD ABOUT IT! WHAT THE FUCK! SCREW STEAM AND ALL THE FUCKING PEOPLE WHO MADE IT!
[Image: j3eB0FI.gif]

holy hell calm down.
anyway I'm sure we should just wait for WishDream to show up and make an official thread for it, as per usual with comps and events
Sorry.....But it's true,I been cranky and I needed to let it all out.
I unfortunately don't have ANY games on Steam due to me being poor.
But let's hope that Wish comes back! ;3