My Little Game Dev

Full Version: Charity-RPG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
technical Rant

I plan to learn 3 programmes to make three games.

Ren py-twilight infinite and likely mlp: CC (I got most the sprites for both thx for the DA vector club... barring OC sprites)

RPG maker lite-gonna need to learn how to create sprites from scratch to make the various OCs. Luckily mlp online provides sweet templates.

Game maker lite or Adventure game studio (dunno yet)

I've tried quest for this story but the programme is pretty limiting and it has a habit of breaking and glitching. Seriously depressing when you have to recreate most of the game again for the 5th time.

so I'm pretty much going bugger that.

Due to the limits of RPG maker lite (the 20 maps limit is irritating). This game will have to be an anthology of small games chapters.

which I have a question for... is it possible to link different games together with rpg maker? whether its by actually connecting the games as 1 game or link them up by creating a hub menu where you can select the games (like devil may cry hd edition).

Story
Charity is a war orphan found by the church of harmony. Later she exhibits strange abilities like premonitions and visions from whom she swears are from saint Rarity. In the present day she is a child prophet on a quest to find the elements of harmony.

She must travel a war-torn Equestria to fully understand what it means to be the element of generousity and find the missing elements and restore the remnants of those elements that are known to exist.

Gameplay
The game is like a game called corpse party or zelda where you need to solve puzzles to progress. Most of the time avoiding fights and enemies to progress instead of killing ponies (think about it, they're kids against professional soldiers)

In this game you have three main characters with each with differing abilities that you will need to switch between. dunno yet if its gonna be a sprite switch or a character object switch.

Charity-Has the ability of premonition and prophecy. So she is able to see spirits or see visions that will help the group progress or avoid danger. She is also the main character that drives the plot, so you play her most of the time.

Gala snaps-has the ability to manipulate/communicate with beasts and plants to aid the group and the ability to stun enemies in place by using his innate ability to generate zap apple (guess who he's a descendant of) electricity. The same ability can also be used for machinery.

Photon finish-a prodigy in Lunar magic. He can render enemies blind in certain directions or render his friends invisible or redirect guards attentions with illusions. he will also be needed to unseal magic doors and detect magically hidden places.

Maybe
I might create a collab mode where players can play as all 3 to progress the game.
Maybe I should've said this before, but it came in my mind only now: if you are not going to use scripts for RPG Maker, the 2k3 version is a good choice, since it's free and complete. You need to get used to it's graphical limitation (as far as I know the major problem is about limited colours), but at least you can make a complete game, instead of different game for different chapters.

As for linking games, with RPG Maker it's not possible unless you use a script, and I'm not that sure either.
(02-14-2013, 04:04 AM)Vanni Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I should've said this before, but it came in my mind only now: if you are not going to use scripts for RPG Maker, the 2k3 version is a good choice, since it's free and complete. You need to get used to it's graphical limitation (as far as I know the major problem is about limited colours), but at least you can make a complete game, instead of different game for different chapters.

As for linking games, with RPG Maker it's not possible unless you use a script, and I'm not that sure either.

with the various abilities I'll likely need scripts. hopefully nothing too advanced.

But I'll find that out when I bother with this. I'm experimenting with ren py right now.

Which I know to be freakin powerful if you know wtf ur doing. *nervous lol

If all else fails. I'm making everything non-ren py in gml.