Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Over-Ambitious person coming through
Wink 
Heyo, I'm FadedSketch and I'm a one-person wannabe game developer. I have no decent games, but I'm planning an ambitious project which will probably fail. XD oh well

I've actually lurked on this community for awhile, but never made an account until today. so yaay, I finally did something.

I'm primarily an artist, but I'm trying to learn game development and all the skills required for it. here is a link to my DeviantART. I hope you all will be nice to me and help me out, XD I might ask a lot of questions.
I would like to say welcome to our small little outpost on the Internet, a niche within a niche, I must say. I hope that you will enjoy your time here and I am certain your skills will be appreciated. There seems to be a lack of artist in this area so your arrival is quite refreshing to me. That said, the community here consists of kind folk and I am sure someone will be willing to help you if the time provides. MLGD seems to be slow but now that I look at recent times, the pace is definitely picking up.

mylittlegamechat.com We have an online chat room! Do hang around here, as there are usually people chilling and you can strike up a conversation. Don't be shy.

OH! Another thing. Your ponies. Are. ADORABLE!!!! I couldn't help but smile when I saw your work. I must say, they are excellently produced. That said, I don't know much about art.

Anyways, welcome and have a great day!
Almost Concrete Division Orchestral Music Composer...
Welcome to MLGD and I must say your art pieces look very good indeed. The sprites you've made could translate nicely into games.
Good luck on your ambitious project and hopefully you can get the help you may need to keep going till the finish. You can join the chat for any advice or help you may need or just for a good time.
Map your route and travel with friends, preparation clears the fog.
Oh, hiya there! Welcome!

Of course we'll be nice to you, why wouldn't we? Don't be afraid to flood us with questions, so as long as you don't drown us. Tongue

And, yeah, I get that feeling about expecting failure from something I've been working on. Just keep on pushing, though, you'll get there, and it sure will be worth it. Smile

Oh, and everyone's already said this, but come hang out around the chat. It's pretty gud over there!
nuggets

Spoiler :
A man said to the universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

- Stephen Crane
(07-30-2015, 03:42 AM)EQ7-2521 Wrote:  I would like to say welcome to our small little outpost on the Internet, a niche within a niche, I must say. I hope that you will enjoy your time here and I am certain your skills will be appreciated. There seems to be a lack of artist in this area so your arrival is quite refreshing to me. That said, the community here consists of kind folk and I am sure someone will be willing to help you if the time provides. MLGD seems to be slow but now that I look at recent times, the pace is definitely picking up.

mylittlegamechat.com We have an online chat room! Do hang around here, as there are usually people chilling and you can strike up a conversation. Don't be shy.

OH! Another thing. Your ponies. Are. ADORABLE!!!! I couldn't help but smile when I saw your work. I must say, they are excellently produced. That said, I don't know much about art.

Anyways, welcome and have a great day!
There is a lack of artists? hmm, that is weird, I thought you guys would be over-flowing with them. ;o; Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the complement! >D<
(07-30-2015, 04:26 AM)blankascent Wrote:  Welcome to MLGD and I must say your art pieces look very good indeed. The sprites you've made could translate nicely into games.
Good luck on your ambitious project and hopefully you can get the help you may need to keep going till the finish. You can join the chat for any advice or help you may need or just for a good time.
Thank you, I try. XD 
(07-30-2015, 12:19 PM)Irvau Wrote:  Oh, hiya there! Welcome!

Of course we'll be nice to you, why wouldn't we? Don't be afraid to flood us with questions, so as long as you don't drown us. Tongue

And, yeah, I get that feeling about expecting failure from something I've been working on. Just keep on pushing, though, you'll get there, and it sure will be worth it. Smile

Oh, and everyone's already said this, but come hang out around the chat. It's pretty gud over there!
If I ever drown you I'll throw you some safety jackets XD thank you for advice, and I will have to check out this much talked about 'chat' you speak of.XD 
Well, aren't I late at the welcoming party?

Nonetheless, Welcome to this little corner of ours! As the others have mentioned, I am sure some are gonna be pretty thrilled to have more artists around, like you!
Again, ask away with anything that you might need some help with, pop into the chat, for more instant response and activity occasionally. We have both the academically brainwashed and the practical minds ready to assist!

I think I have been completely depleted of new original welcomes. You get the point though. Stick around! We are gonna appreciate your company!
-Lex Rudera,
some knob who's just here, trying to get by, get productive, and achieve universal content.

Run off to the My Little Game Dev chat! Bounce some ideas around, or just have a friendly chat! I might even be found there.
Good company all around!
http://mylittlegamechat.com