Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GO TO THE ELF'S WORLD WELCOME!
Star 
Anyhow, I'm an aspiring developer who uses GML, I plan to move on to either Python or BASIC within the next year, and I especially like danmaku games, and I'm pretty much learning to program them myself. For those who have no idea what danmaku is: [Image: 300px-Th07SC140.jpg]

Anyway, yeah. Any questions you have for me, you can go ahead and ask either here or through PM.

Oh, unrelated, and I figure I might as well get it out of the way in my introduction, I was looking for spriters and musicians for a project I've had stuck in my head for about a year, since I couldn't find anyone to help work on it. I'll let them decide on some of the details as well, since I don't really have too much planned out just yet. If you hadn't guessed though, because it's what I want to program, and there aren't nearly enough, it's a pony danmaku game. Tongue
I AM NOT DEAD!
*Crawls out of my cardboard box while rubbing my eyes* I swear... If this is another bot.... Wait... *Adjusts glasses* It's not a bot... *reads more* It's a programmer... and this person is seems pretty good at it too!
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... *straightens hair and brushes dust off my shirt* Apologies... Ahem...

Welcome to My Little Game Dev! It is such a pleasure to have an aspiring developer come to our forums. I understand that things are rather slow around these parts but by the looks of it, the pace is picking up once again! Your skillset will definitely contribute to the community here and I assure you that the people here are friendly and are willing to provide feedback and a sense of community. Good luck on your game. Your idea seems appealing and it is more than certain that you will have an audience. Have a great time developing!

I don't exactly know how many spriters and musicians roam this forum page but this place would be a place to ask for assistance. Nonetheless, have a great time here and best of hopes for your game!
Almost Concrete Division Orchestral Music Composer...
Oh, Welcome, there! Welcome Agni, to this little corner of ours.

Hope, you stick around, yada yada yada, hope to see some future work of yours, you know the welcoming drill.
Despite that, it's always nice to see new faces pop in, especially those who seems to have gotten the ball rolling.

I can't really figure how to welcome anyone in an original manner, this late at night.
Read the sig, go to the chat, ???, profit.
-Lex Rudera,
some knob who's just here, trying to get by, get productive, and achieve universal content.

Run off to the My Little Game Dev chat! Bounce some ideas around, or just have a friendly chat! I might even be found there.
Good company all around!
http://mylittlegamechat.com
Welcome to MLGD!
As the energy bolt storm brews at the horizon, I wish much luck to you on your journey!
Map your route and travel with friends, preparation clears the fog.
Pony danmaku!?!?!?

Oooooohhhhh.... this be much yus! Big GrinDDD
I'd love to see how that concept rolls out! (I haven't heard of Danmaku ever up until now, so please forgive me if that's actually something quite natural for danmaku stuff.)

But, yeah, hello there! Welcome to these lands of ours, where the ever expansive plane of dust is only interrupted by an occasional greeting for newcomers popping up and lonesome bots scuttling by. Although, as noted above, more and more people have been riding in on their camels and pitching up tents, so it's getting better.
The chat's much more active however, don't forget to drop by there sometime!

Oh, and Lex, here's an idea: do a haiku greeting. Just for fun or something. Tongue
Doet. Pls.
nuggets

Spoiler :
A man said to the universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

- Stephen Crane
(07-22-2015, 05:51 AM)Irvau Wrote:  I haven't heard of Danmaku ever up until now, so please forgive me if that's actually something quite natural for danmaku stuff.

It's not, in fact, Pony danmaku games are incredibly sparse; there are only three games, and I think there might be an incredibly hard to find mod for Shoot The Bullet (Touhou 9.5) that replaces Aya with Photo Finish.
I AM NOT DEAD!
*trots back in* Oh? A new member. How quaint! Hello there~! Welcome to My Little Game Dev!
*fixes collar* I hope you enjoy your stay.

It's always a pleasure to see someone to be here. It's slow but where there is, it's usually a goldmine. The chat on the other hand is definitely active. It's on http://mylittlegamechat.com/

There aren't much spriters or musicians here. You might want to seek deviantArt and Youtube for musicians and spriters.
It's rare but hey, there are a few here but they're all busy with their own projects. Bringing them here is also helpful to get other spriters and musicians here.

Any chance you know My Little Pegasus?

Anyways, welcome to the My little Game Dev!
[Image: princess_luna_signature__testing__by_gru...5fgbio.png]
Status: Calming down and slowing down. Been busy almost 24/7.
"Reach your dreams to your highest potential!"
~John Jerome "Wishdream" Romero~
(07-24-2015, 10:12 AM)Wishdream Wrote:  *trots back in* Oh? A new member. How quaint! Hello there~! Welcome to My Little Game Dev!
*fixes collar* I hope you enjoy your stay.

It's always a pleasure to see someone to be here. It's slow but where there is, it's usually a goldmine. The chat on the other hand is definitely active. It's on http://mylittlegamechat.com/

There aren't much spriters or musicians here. You might want to seek deviantArt and Youtube for musicians and spriters.
It's rare but hey, there are a few here but they're all busy with their own projects. Bringing them here is also helpful to get other spriters and musicians here.

Any chance you know My Little Pegasus?

Anyways, welcome to the My little Game Dev!

Great, well, there goes a sizeable portion of my hope for getting that project done finally. In my experience, if they're not just outright willing to help to any capacity (which most simply aren't), spriters demand a billion dollars a pixel, and musicians a billion dollars for every note. I'm exaggerating of course, but it might as well be unlimited quantities of currency if you consider my completely nonexistent budget.

As for the game you mentioned, I've attempted to play it, but it always seems to crash just before the first midboss. I never found out why, but I'm assuming it's the same glitch some of my games fell to for a while, where if the same sound attempts to play itself too many times in a short period of time (or multiple times at once), the game will crash. That seems like a common flaw with GML and Windows 8.
I AM NOT DEAD!